Monday, May 11, 2009

The latest edition of The Well Trained Mind is out- I just got it in the mail- just in case you care. I for one am excited. I am all agog to begin planning out next school year. It's the best part of homeschooling, don't you know.

God is unceremoniously dropping little nuggets of ideas on me every few days concerning what to do next year. I am trying to write them all down in an orderly fashion, and keep track of them all.

I have discovered that as my oldest advances, I become more and more apprehensive about my decision to homeschool. I am starting to think, "Hey, this is getting serious. I am actually going to have to teach him something that I don't really know much about. What if I royally screw him up? I could ruin his entire future if I forget to teach something important!" (and so on and so forth) The younger years are fun and games, arts and crafts and songs. I can do that. But formal logic? Geometry? ALGEBRA and PHYSICS?! How am I going to make up rhyming songs to teach those?

He is staying home next year, not going to Akoloutheo Academy, which turns out to be a great thing, but, OMG, I am a little freaked out about having a 5th grader!

2 comments:

Bree said...

God is so awesome:)
love ya!

Terri said...

I feel the same way. Matt will be going into 6th grade. It's like my mind is saying "Now is the time to get serious about homeschooling" LOL You are an amazing mom and teacher. :)