Friday, October 31, 2008

Our 10th Anniversary

Yesterday, my husband and I celebrated our 10th anniversary. I can honestly say that our marriage is a happy one with mutual love and respect. He is everything I always knew I wanted and everything I didn't even know I needed.

Last night, over a very romantic dinner, we decided that we have such a great marriage because we are both lazy and neither of us wants to lead the other on anything, so there is no animosity or power struggle. We just live in blissful laziness where nothing gets done and no one blames the other.
We both love the idea of adventure, but we are too lazy to go about the task of finding it. We like to try new things, but can't ever make up our minds about what to try when the opportunity arises. So we stick to what we know.

But that's not what I am here to tell you.

What I wanted to tell you is that he gave me a new laptop for my gift (I feel really bad because all I got him is a panini press). The excitement about the laptop is due to the fact that it has Windows Vista. I have never been allowed to have Windows on my computer because of the animosity my husband harbors in his breast towards Microsoft. I believe I have written a post about that very subject a while ago.

He darkly warned me that I will suffer the consequences of Windows and he would be glad to relieve me of such a burden when I felt the time had come. He is poised and realy to sweep my new laptop clean of Microsoft and install the so-very-holy Linux (or whatever open source operating system he chooses). Rest assured I will guard my new computer carefully and will suspiciously question him any time he hovers around it for any length of time.

(My desire for Windows arises from the fact that all homeschool software and educational games for the kids need Windows to run- I have suffered many make-shift solutions that my husband has contrived for my benefit. They never work like he thinks they will.)

4 comments:

Aunt Nett said...

Happy Anniversary!!!
I sense a new bestseller and a round of appearances on all the talk shows promoting “The Lazy Way to a Happy Marriage.”
As for being too lazy to seek out adventure, it occurs to me that with two homeschooled children and two dogs, you’re both simply too worn out from all your domestic adventures to go in search of more exotic fare.
Here’s to ten more years. Love!!!

Terri said...

Happy 10!!! I totally remembered on the 29th. But I then forgot!

Tina said...

Wow...10 years...how time flies! I remember when...

Bree said...

Happy really late anniverssary! I remembered too---and then forgot! How's that Vista working out? Love ya!