Recently, I was at a homeschool support meeting, and the speaker (Lorrie Flem- TEACH Magazine ) was a homeschool mom with 8 children. In her talk, she gave us a list 7 deadly homeschool mistakes, and I wanted to share them with you.
If you want to ensure the failure of your homeschool, do one or more of the following:
1. Do public school at home
2. Make sure you have no vision (make no goals and do not look ahead to the
future)
3.Do not commit yourself to homeschooling
4. Lack support (do not look for it, or join in supporting others)
5. Think that you have already arrived and do not need to aquire any more knowledge.
6. Organize your homeschool around everything else you do in your life (don't make it THE priority of you days).
7. Fail to recognise what homeschooling is. (Homeschooling is sucessful if you make your children a little more like Jesus every day.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Let me just say this, I have done just about all of those each year.
My biggest thing was lack of committment on my part. Oh and no vision. This year is different though!
I am guilty of #7- I tend to think that homeschooling is all about getting the work done. I forget that I am responsible for their character training too! In fact, I set the example for losing my temper and lashing out in anger! (Shame on me!)
I CAN TRULY AGREE TO ALL OF THESE:)
I might say that was our downfall but there is peace when they come back home what I need to do. Love ya!
Post a Comment