It's official- I am homeschooling this year. I just mailed in my Declaration of Intent to Provide Home Based Instruction.
I am becoming mildly excited about the upcoming school year. All of our curriculum is tucked away, but when I am ready to get it out and start planning, I will become unbearable. Look out!
This year we will only be doing piano lessons- both kids will be taking piano. And perhaps a sport. We need to be academically focused this year, so no co-ops and MOPS groups.
My intended start date is Sept. 8, although I haven't nailed that down yet.
It's early, I know. But my favorite part of homeschooling is the planning!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Isn't it exciting?! I still need to send in the test results. Deadline is THIS Thursday. I also need to get the NOI in. :) We will be more academically focused too this year. But we are doing a co-op. Weekly accountability for me. Plus I think I'm going to be a mentor mom at MOPS! LOL We are actually going to start the day after Labor Day. It just makes sense for us. Plus it gives us a longer break at Thanksgiving for when we go to Florida. We are going to go to the Busch Gardens and Sea World so we want some extra rest days. :) I am excited about this year. I've always looked forward to another year but this year I actually feel ready. I have a vision and a plan.
Ladies, I am so excited reading this! I am getting excited too, having a lot on my plate for right now, I'm having a hard time seeing past right now, but that's okay-I need to focus on today, not tomorrow:) How funny, you and Terri are switching roles, hmmm, where am I going to be?! :) I think I am going to follow the public school schedule here-time to start planning....
Love ya!
Post a Comment