Monday, May 12, 2008

Testing

My dear son took his standardized test on Friday. He did really well!

I am relieved to have that over with. Next time, I will have him assessed and forget about the SAT thing. We did the assessment with a teacher last year and, to be honest, I feel like I got better feed-back. The teacher will tell you what grade level they are at for each test area. The standardized test will only give you scores compared to the rest of the kids in the country (percentile rank and stanine score).

So, forward and ahead! We are moving on.
Our school year ends on May 30. We have 3 weeks to finish up some curriculum.

3 comments:

Terri said...

Wonderful! I just ordered the boys' tests yesterday. I am so ready to get our school over with! I think this next year I am going to shoot for the mid May mark. Looking back over the past few years, it seems to be the natural time for us to end things. So why fight it?
BTW ... digging the new blog. :)

Bree said...

yeah for the new blog!!!! I can finally post! awesome about the test, I thought no less:) I think we'll be ordering tests and maybe still do the portfolio/assessment-ahhh, who knows:)
love ya!

Terri said...

look out now Sarah! I always could post on the old one cause I ignored the whole "Error Sign"! LOL