Thursday, May 29, 2008

My Battle With My Bulge...

A friend of a friend started an 8 week weight loss contest- which I happily joined. I don't really expect to win ( the pot is $650 for first place!) but I like the motivation.

The problem is that I am not as motivated now as I was that first week (this is week 3). In fact, I GAINED last week. I attribute my weight gain to stress and hormones, but the truth is- I Just Don't Wanna Do It!! I want to eat the chips and pizza. I don't want to get my butt off the couch to exercise. I am a stubborn and lazy lady!

I lost a bunch of lbs. with Weight Watchers- and that works out well for me, but I have hit a plateau, and I am finding it difficult to rally my mind and body to finish this thing. I ended my membership to W.W to save money, and I also canceled my gym membership- both of those were necessary for me to lose the weight in the first place, and now I am floundering.

My family and I are in a season of sacrifice, and I know this is what God has called us to. But I feel like a complete failure because I am dependent on those memberships to lose weight. I also feel like my focus is split 100 different ways and I just can't get my attention trained on one thing.

Maybe this is a season of maintenance ( as in NOT GAINING, but not losing) and I should wait for the season of losing to return.

What ever it is, I take comfort in the fact that God will let me into heaven whether I weigh 100 or 1000 lbs. He loves me just the same.

2 comments:

Terri said...

I agree sister. Sometimes it's in the plateaus that we learn stuff. God uses EVERY thing and EVERY situation to teach us. This one for now is yours :)

Bree said...

AMEN! I'm praying with ya:)