Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Ever had a day like that?

I'm in the shower this morning, enjoying a few minutes of peace before the storm of the day begins.

Knock, Knock!

(*sigh)
"Who is it?"

It's my son- "Mom, can I have some gum?"

"No! Please close the door and let me finish my shower."

Knock, Knock!

(*exasperated sigh)

9 year old son again, " Mom, I thought I had more gold coins than this" He sticks his hand in the door and shakes a bag of plastic coins. "Do you know where the rest are?"

"Close the door and let me finish my shower!!"

Knock, Knock!

(*no longer sighing, but whimpering a little)

Son, "Mom, may I play on the Wii?"

"If you don't leave me alone...(followed by threats)"

I get out of the shower, and open the door. There is my son, sitting on my bed- waiting for me. And that was just the beginning of my day.

My 5 year old daughter repeated a similar ritual at bed time:
"Can I have a drink?"

"No, go to sleep."

"That light is too bright, will you turn it off?"

"Go to sleep."

"What are you eating in there? My foot hurts. I need to go potty"...

*sigh*

1 comment:

Terri said...

We've had days like that!