Thursday, February 18, 2010

Oh my, how embarassing.

My 10 year old went to the Children's Theater today to see a play about Norse Myths. A dear friend of mine took him along with her 2 children. I took care to put him in nice clothes, khaki pants and a polo type shirt. I carefully instructed him on his behavior and manners. Then I dropped him off at my friends house and she assured me she would bring him home after the play.

About 2 minutes after my friend dropped him off at my house, I looked down at his feet and realized he was wearing a pair of old shoes that had A HOLE IN THE TOE!!! I mean, his big toe was protruding out of the gaping portal in the front of his shoe. After I got over the shock of his audacity to wear those shoes out of the house, I asked him why he was wearing them. He has 2 pairs of very nice- INTACT- shoes in his closet. He shrugged and said "I could only find one shoe for each pair." That's a boy for you. It never occurred to him to ask for help finding his shoes when there was a perfectly matched, old and holey, pair in the closet. Needless to say, I threw the offending pair away so as not to be confronted with this breech of fashion etiquette again. I hope.