Saturday, September 5, 2009

15 Signs You Might Be A Bookaholic.

I found this on another website, and thought it was funny. I listed my favorites, and the ones that I may or may not be guilty of...

  • You're packing for a romantic weekend away with significant other and you give more thought to which books to take than to which nightgown is your sexiest.
  • Before you buy a purse you make sure a paperback will fit inside.
  • Your significant other mutters about life in prison not being much of a deterrent to you since you'd be quite content sitting in your cell reading all day.
  • You call in sick so you can finish reading a book.
  • When you move you have more boxes labeled "books" than anything else.
  • You have to constantly invest in new bookshelves.
  • Your kids holler from the other room with something they consider a dire emergency, and you say, "Wait until I finish this page!"
  • You have no idea what's on television anymore (except for Psych) because the boob tube has become just another piece of furniture.
  • You tend to buy frozen, microwavable foods that practically cook themselves so that you don't lose any precious reading time for such an unimportant thing as feeding your family.
  • You valiantly try to teach your kids "independence," which means you want them to do more household chores (so you can have more reading time).
  • It's 2am and you think "just another chapter" and do the same thing at 3am when you know you have to get up in 4 hours and work.
  • You try reading and walking at the same time. (Works on a treadmill!!)
  • You start fabricating excuses as to why you can't go out with your friends when you're in the middle of a great book.
  • You start thinking of the characters as real people.
  • Your eyesight goes from 20-20 to legally blind because of reading in poor light.

1 comment:

Bree said...

you're so funny! had I not read the intro, I would have thought you had written these yourself! love ya! have a card sittying here for you-pathetic! :)