I went to the WHO Homeschool Convention this weekend, and had a great time with my friend Colleen. We had two full days of shopping and seminars and came home tired and overflowing with great ideas.
Happily, I didn't really need to buy much curriculum this year, so I am able to keep the cost down this time around. I was able to find what I hope to be the perfect math curriculum for Ian. We have been using Math U See since the second grade and were ready to try something new. He is struggling in that subject, so I did some research and found Teaching Textbooks. It is a software based program, but also uses a workbook. I am hoping this pulls him out of the "I hate math" slump.
I now have next year planned as far as curriculum goes, and I am working out the daily schedule.
My one last task is to find homeschool planning software. We have outgrown the paper notebook lesson planners, and I enjoyed using the free online planner (http://home-school-inc.com) until the website grew sluggish towards the end of the school year. So, I am going to invest in a good quality software program to do our daily planning. I found that the children really liked having their daily assignments printed out for them each day. It gave them ownership of their assignments and made them a bit more independent in their work. It is also really nice for record keeping.
We are leaving for TN in a few weeks, so I am putting off some of the planning until we get back.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm glad you guys had a good time. This year I am actually spending a lot of money. LOL I really enjoy the paper/pen planning. However I do print out each day for the boys. They like that they don't have to come to me for every assignment too. I'm really looking forward to this next school year.
Post a Comment